Unity Software Engineer
Beamable is reinventing how live games are built in Unity. Our goal is to eliminate all barriers to building, launching, and operating successful game businesses with low-code/no-code social, commerce, and content management features integrated into the Unity editor workflow.
We need self-motivated engineers excited to work directly on critical features for our platform and our customers. It is important that you have game-making experience (either personal or professional) and can deeply understand the challenges that game makers face.
Before applying for this position, please visit https://beamable.com and research our company, our customers, and the product.
What You’ll Do
- Create features and enhancements to the Beamable Unity SDK, C# APIs, and REST APIs.
- Collaborate with the Beamable team as well as Beamable customers (Unity developers) to help define and prioritize work.
- Develop first-class client and editor integration for Unity to enhance game developer workflows.
- Build Unity prefab UI and scaffolding to accelerate feature creation for game developers.
- Assist the Customer Success team to resolve live customer issues when bugs sneak into production caused by the SDK or the Beamable Platform services.
What We Seek
- 3+ years as a Software Engineer using Unity Engine
- Experience in game development for mobile or PC platforms
- Someone excited to help developers make games faster
- Strong fundamental understanding of multi-threaded, object-oriented programming.
- Proficient in using C#
- Experience working with asynchronous coding patterns (e.g. async/await, promises, coroutines)
- Experience working with in-game user interfaces and prefab workflows
- Good written and spoken English communication skills.
- This is a remote work position and is open to candidates anywhere in the world.
- Comfortable communicating in a remote work environment (Zoom, Slack, GSuite)
- Available to overlap the EST (GMT-5) timezone for part of each day and be available late in the day EST for planning sessions every other week.
Prior experience building and shipping a game either individually or as part of a team/studio. If you haven't shipped a game, it will be important that you enjoy actively making games and being a part of the game industry!
What You’ll Get
- Beamable offers a competitive salary and stock option participation.
- You’ll work in the dynamic and rapidly growing game industry!
- We believe that rest unlocks creativity, so we encourage our employees to take advantage of our open vacation policy. Our employees take as much vacation as they want, when they want it, as long as they’re getting their work done.
- Flexibility around the timing of your workday.
At Beamable, we celebrate, support, and thrive on hiring people from different and diverse backgrounds. Beamable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.