Unity Community Engineer
Beamable fights for the game makers of the world by equipping them with the technology to continuously operate, update, monetize and socialize their games. Beamable is reinventing how live games are built in Unity with the goal of eliminating all barriers to building, launching, and operating successful game businesses.
We are looking for a self-motivated Unity developer and game maker to help any game maker anywhere become as productive with Beamable as fast as possible. You’ll work daily with the COO, marketing, sales, and customer success to provide comprehensive solutions, guidance, knowledge, code samples, sample projects, and anything else to ensure game makers can build their games faster.
Before applying for this position, please visit https://beamable.com and research our company, our customers, and the product.
What You’ll Do
- Spend all day juggling inbound requests for Beamable questions and help via any and all possible channels (Discord, Reddit, Quora, Forums, Slack, etc). Develop and evolve the process to track requests and ensure timely response with reusable content.
- Build relationships with game makers (indies, studios large and small), positioning Beamable as the key thought leader for live game functionality in the gaming industry, and become a trusted resource for Beamable prospects, customers, and the wider community.
- Become a technical expert in the use of the Beamable platform and be able to take that expertise into the field via authored documentation, whitepapers, video demos, and live presentations.
- Consult in-depth with game developers who are planning or already building a live game and help them understand how to use Beamable to accelerate their roadmap, increase engagement, and drive revenue for their games.
- Design, build, and run proof of concept implementations with possible, new, and existing Beamable customers. Provide documentation enhancements and code samples/sample projects as needed to convey all concepts and ideas.
- Attend weekly sync sessions for VIP customers and be the go-to consultative resource and solutions expert for the greater Beamable business team.
What We Seek
- 3+ years as a Software Engineer using Unity Engine
- Experience in game development for mobile or PC platforms
- Demonstrated track record of customer-centric service.
- A positive, can-do attitude with the ability to communicate diplomatically, confidently, and effectively via English in verbal and written forms.
- Someone excited to help developers make games faster
- Strong fundamental understanding of multi-threaded, object-oriented programming.
- Proficient in using C#
- Experience working with asynchronous coding patterns (e.g. async/await, promises, coroutines)
- Experience working with in-game user interfaces and prefab workflows
- This is a remote work position and is open to candidates anywhere in the world.
- Comfortable communicating in a remote work environment (Zoom, Slack, GSuite)
- Available to overlap the EST (GMT-5) timezone for part of each day and be available late in the day EST for planning sessions every other week.
Prior experience building and shipping a game either individually or as part of a team/studio. If you haven't shipped a game, it will be important that you enjoy actively making games and being a part of the game industry!
What You’ll Get
- Beamable offers a competitive salary and stock option participation.
- You’ll work in the dynamic and rapidly growing game industry!
- We believe that rest unlocks creativity, so we encourage our employees to take advantage of our open vacation policy. Our employees take as much vacation as they want, when they want it, as long as they’re getting their work done.
- Flexibility around the timing of your workday.
At Beamable, we celebrate, support, and thrive on hiring people from different and diverse backgrounds. Beamable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.