Senior Solutions Engineer
Beamable fights for the game makers of the world by equipping them with the technology to continuously operate, update, monetize and socialize their games. Beamable is reinventing how live games are built in Unity with the goal of eliminating all barriers to building, launching, and operating successful game businesses.
We are looking for a self-motivated Senior Solutions Engineer to oversee all the technical requests of the Beamable developer community. You’ll work daily with the COO, marketing, sales, and customer success lead to prioritize and create customer-specific solutions, guidance, knowledge, code samples, sample projects, and anything else to ensure game makers can build their games faster on Beamable.
Before applying for this position, please visit https://beamable.com and research our company, our customers, and the product.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the Customer Success Team to create a responsive and valuable channel for customers to overcome the complexity and challenges of building their games on Beamable.
- Become a technical expert in the use of the Beamable platform and be able to take that expertise into the field via authored documentation, whitepapers, video demos, and live presentations.
- Oversee a team of Unity Community Engineers dedicated to serving community requests. Help obtain knowledge, resources, and create an environment of customer focus.
- Help the team of Community Engineers prioritize inbound requests for Beamable questions and help via any and all possible channels (Discord, Reddit, Quora, Forums, Slack, etc).
- Build relationships with game makers (indies, studios large and small), positioning Beamable as the key thought leader for live game functionality in the gaming industry, and become a trusted resource for Beamable prospects, customers, and the wider community.
- Lead VIP customer and sales demos, and coordinate the resources or attend weekly sync sessions.
What We Seek
- Strong experience with Unity development
- Strong organization skills
- Experience with agile and scrum practices
- Experience and comfort working directly with customers
- Experience coordinating a technical team
- Highly effective communicator
- Has shipped games
- Bonus: has authored blog posts on technical topics
- Bonus: has evangelized a product before
- This is a remote work position and is open to candidates anywhere in the world.
- Comfortable communicating in a remote work environment (Zoom, Slack, GSuite)
- Available to overlap the EST (GMT-5) timezone for part of each day and be available late in the day EST for planning sessions every other week.
Prior experience building and shipping a game either individually or as part of a team/studio. If you haven't shipped a game, it will be important that you enjoy actively making games and being a part of the game industry!
What You’ll Get
- Beamable offers a competitive salary and stock option participation.
- You’ll work in the dynamic and rapidly growing game industry!
- We believe that rest unlocks creativity, so we encourage our employees to take advantage of our open vacation policy. Our employees take as much vacation as they want, when they want it, as long as they’re getting their work done.
- Flexibility around the timing of your workday.
At Beamable, we celebrate, support, and thrive on hiring people from different and diverse backgrounds. Beamable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.