Product Manager, LiveOps Portal
Beamable is reinventing how live games are built in Unity. Our goal is to eliminate all barriers to building, launching, and operating successful game businesses with low-code/no-code social, commerce, and content management features integrated into the Unity editor workflow.
We are looking for a Product Manager to help lead the strategy, design, and implementation of the Beamable LiveOps portal. You will handle the idea generation, product definition, build vs. buy decisions, coordinating a remote team of engineers and designers, and rolling out new features to our game developer customers in a highly iterative fashion.
Before applying, please visit https://beamable.com and research our company and product.
What You’ll Do
- Report to the CTO and drive the vision, roadmap, and development of our Beamable LiveOps web-based game admin portal
- Build a deep understanding of Beamable’s game development customers, their business needs, and translate that into plans and strategy
- Craft a compelling product vision with clearly defined customer problems and solutions to address them
- Rally team support and get executives and customers on board
- Lead product development from end to end: Write specs and user stories, build wireframes and prototypes, write test plans and release checklists, present completed functionality to the rest of the company and marketing
- Coordinate a cross-functional set of stakeholders including other product teams, customers, executives, engineers, designers, customer support, sales, and product marketing
- Seek ongoing insights from data, research, and face-to-face customer meetings
- Watch the game development and LiveOps market for new solutions that can have a meaningful impact on the business of our game studio customers
- Guide the work of a global development team with clear direction and purpose, keep a well-prioritized backlog, and optimize for efficiency in execution
- Ship well-crafted, customer-focused releases at a timely pace
What We Seek
- 3+ years of experience leading, shipping, and iterating on successful web-based B2B SaaS products
- A passion for game development, its many technical challenges, and an understanding of the primary KPIs that drive live game operations
- Experience with a Scrum / Agile process to iteratively and rapidly deliver features, changes, and capture customer feedback as early and as often as possible
- Someone who is resourceful, resilient, adaptive, and stays positive and motivated while working through roadblocks
- Strong presentation and communication skills that allow you to build and disseminate the user stories and narratives for the product
- Deep experience with planning tools like Jira/Confluence and analytics tools like Datadog, Tableau, Google Sheets
- Ability to work productively in a remote environment. Beamable is an all-remote office
- Comfortable communicating in a remote work environment (Zoom, Slack, Discord, GSuite).
- Ability to work in the EST (GMT-5) time zone for most of the day
- (bonus) Shipped a game or worked in a game publisher capacity
- (bonus) Prior experience in web design and web application UX
What You’ll Get
- Beamable offers a competitive salary and stock option participation.
- You’ll work in the dynamic and rapidly growing game industry!
- We believe that rest unlocks creativity, so we encourage our employees to take advantage of our open vacation policy. Our employees take as much vacation as they want, when they want it, as long as they’re getting their work done.
- Flexibility around the timing of your workday.
At Beamable, we celebrate, support, and thrive on hiring people from different and diverse backgrounds. Beamable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.