C# Platform Engineer
Beamable is reinventing how live games are built in Unity. Our goal is to eliminate all barriers to building, launching, and operating successful game businesses with low-code/no-code social, commerce, and content management features integrated into the Unity editor workflow.
Platform engineers own the distributed and highly available backend which powers games built on the Beamable platform. This backend serves as the backbone for the managed services which are provided out of the box (e.g. inventory, tournaments, leaderboards, etc.), as well as for custom microservices game developers create to power novel features in their games.
We embrace a high-performance culture so we’re looking for a history of outstanding accomplishment and a willingness to lead in the face of ambiguity. If you like to think big, move fast and build cutting-edge solutions with outstanding colleagues, we’d like to talk with you.
What You’ll Do
- Design new features in collaboration with game developers that build on Beamable
- Create and maintain distributed microservices that will be used by millions of players
- Contribute to core systems such as our C# Microservice and over-the-wire Content
- Implement high-performance server APIs that seamlessly scale with load
- Build SDKs for Unity/C# and other platforms
- Contribute to the overall architecture and design of the Beamable invisible backend
- Implement and maintain integrations for a variety of game platforms including mobile, console, web/wasm, and AR/VR
- Follow a test-driven development ethos, and receive/provide code reviews to colleagues
What We Seek
- Experienced Developer capable of quickly learning new languages, paradigms and systems.
- Scalable & Distributed Systems Experience
- Strong Database Experience (NoSQL, Relational, Graph)
- Nice to have - MongoDB and database sharding experience
- Nice to have - AWS & cloud provider experience
- Nice to have - Scala/Java/C#/.NET experience
- Nice to have - Distributed Actor System experience
What You’ll Get
- Beamable offers a competitive salary and stock option participation.
- You’ll work in the dynamic and rapidly growing game industry!
- We believe that rest unlocks creativity, so we encourage our employees to take advantage of our open vacation policy. Our employees take as much vacation as they want, when they want it, as long as they’re getting their work done.
- Flexibility around the timing of your workday.
At Beamable, we celebrate, support, and thrive on hiring people from different and diverse backgrounds. Beamable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.