Director of Sales & Business Development
Beamable is reinventing how live games are built in Unity. Our goal is to eliminate all barriers to building, launching, and operating successful game businesses with low-code/no-code social, commerce, and content management features integrated into the Unity editor workflow.
We are looking for a Director of Sales & Business Development to partner with the COO and drive relationships, partnerships, and deal success with global game studios of all sizes. This role requires a background in SaaS sales process development, and a deep understanding of the game industry, the studios, the publishers, and the challenges of game development.
Before applying, please visit https://beamable.com and research our company and product.
What You’ll Do
- Report to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and own all aspects of the inbound, outbound, and business development sales process.
- Identify and develop relationships with small to midsize game studios that could benefit from Beamable’s technology.
- Work with the COO to develop and execute a strategic plan to form relationships with studios inside larger game publishers to identify projects Beamable could help with.
- Maintain, curate, and operationalize the data in our Hubspot CRM to manage outreach, follow up and decision making.
- Schedule, coordinate, and attend sales meetings with game studio CEOs, Directors, and CTOs.
- Close and negotiate short and long-term customer agreements.
- Coordinate assistance from the customer success team, community development team, and R&D/Product team to support the sales process of critical opportunities.
- Work with the COO on the creation of sales materials, website updates, pricing changes, and other iterations of Beamable’s go-to-market strategy.
- Continue to refine and advance the sales process, sales training, and team formation.
What We Seek
- A passion for gaming, game development, and the challenges of game studios.
- 7-10 years of sales or business development experience in the gaming industry
- Experience running inbound and outbound sales processes or teams that include social media (LinkedIn/Twitter), chat (Discord/Slack), email, as well as in-person meetings and phone calls.
- Experience running complex deals that may have long sales cycles creator than 12 months with the determination to see a prospect through to completion and success.
- Strong spreadsheet skills with pricing model experience
- Experience building relationships and communicating clearly and effectively at the executive level of software organizations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly-evolving, highly entrepreneurial environment with multiple, concurrent priorities with many needing immediate resolution.
- Experience with Hubspot CRM and an obsession with clean and curated pipeline and customer data.
- Ability to work productively in a remote environment. Beamable is an all-remote office.
- Comfortable communicating in a remote work environment (Zoom, Slack, Discord, GSuite).
- Available to overlap the EST (GMT-5) time zone for most of each day.
What You’ll Get
- Beamable offers a competitive salary and stock option participation.
- You’ll work in the dynamic and rapidly growing game industry!
- We believe that rest unlocks creativity, so we encourage our employees to take advantage of our open vacation policy. Our employees take as much vacation as they want, when they want it, as long as they’re getting their work done.
- Flexibility around the timing of your workday.
At Beamable, we celebrate, support, and thrive on hiring people from different and diverse backgrounds. Beamable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.