Customer Success Manager
Beamable is reinventing how live games are built in Unity. Our goal is to eliminate all barriers to building, launching, and operating successful game businesses with low-code/no-code social, commerce, and content management features integrated into the Unity editor workflow.
We are looking for someone who can help game developers and studios successfully migrate to Beamable from other game platforms.
This requires understanding and empathizing with the technical challenges of game studios, helping them connect with Beamable development and migration partners, and make the efficient transition to Beamable from other backend-as-a-service (BaaS) products like Playfab and Gamesparks. You’ll also deeply coordinate with the Beamable engineering team to help prioritize the product roadmap, oversee responses, and facilitate transparent communication.
This role will also contribute to the greater customer experience at Beamable by constantly listening to what our game studio and game developer customers need and helping translate that into priorities for the team.
Before applying for this position, please visit https://beamable.com and research our company, our customers, and the product.
What You’ll Do
- Report to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and collaborate to manage all aspects of customer migrations at Beamable.
- Coordinate with the Customer Success Lead to track and manage customer migrations in the larger context of all customer priorities.
- Be the go-to person on the customer team for information and priorities about any Beamable customer migrations.
- Coordinate with Beamable development partners and migration customers to ensure that everyone has what they need to be successful.
- Help build processes that make migrations faster and more efficient each time.
- Schedule, coordinate, and attend customer migration and partner meetings and working sessions.
- Constantly check in with migration customers to make sure they have what they need.
- Monitor all customer communication channels: Email, Discord, Slack, etc. elevating high priority items and capturing work in Jira tickets. Assist in their administration.
- Keep an organized record of all migration issues, questions, and requests in Jira.
- Be the go-to source of information about what migration customers need and if they are blocked or not.
- Participate in product standups, sprint planning, sprint presentations, and retros to help guide the roadmap, groom the backlog, and prioritize customer migration based work.
What We Seek
- A passion for gaming, game development, and the challenges of game studios.
- 3+ years of work experience in customer support/success, game production, or product management at a game studio, B2B, startup, or high-growth high-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly-evolving, highly entrepreneurial environment with multiple, concurrent priorities with many needing immediate resolution.
- A deep desire to improve the company and the experience of our developer customers.
- Ability to self-manage and execute projects from scratch.
- Great interpersonal skills and exceptional communication ability with customers.
- Experience with project management software like Jira, Asana, Trello, etc.
- Experience working closely with a technical engineering team and an understanding of the software development process.
- Excellent presentation and project management skills
- Ability to work productively in a remote environment. Beamable is an all-remote office.
- Comfortable communicating in a remote work environment (Zoom, Slack, Discord, GSuite).
- Available to overlap the EST (GMT-5) time zone for part of each day and be available late in the day EST for planning sessions every other week.
Working experience in game development either individually or as part of a game team/studio. Extra bonus points if you have a game production background.
Working experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) either individually/technically or in a prior role or company.
What You’ll Get
- Beamable offers a competitive salary and stock option participation.
- You’ll work in the dynamic and rapidly growing game industry!
- We believe that rest unlocks creativity, so we encourage our employees to take advantage of our open vacation policy. Our employees take as much vacation as they want, when they want it, as long as they’re getting their work done.
- Flexibility around the timing of your workday.
At Beamable, we celebrate, support, and thrive on hiring people from different and diverse backgrounds. Beamable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.