Customer Success Lead
Beamable is reinventing how live games are built in Unity. Our goal is to eliminate all barriers to building, launching, and operating successful game businesses with low-code/no-code social, commerce, and content management features integrated into the Unity editor workflow.
We are looking for someone who can help our game development customers be successful. This requires understanding and empathizing with the challenges of game studios, onboarding their game teams onto the Beamable platform, tracking their progress through the development cycle, and responding to their every need. You’ll also deeply coordinate with the engineering team to help prioritize the roadmap, oversee responses, and facilitate our customer community.
Before applying for this position, please visit https://beamable.com and research our company, our customers, and the product.
What You’ll Do
- Report to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and collaborate to continuously define and improve the customer experience at Beamable.
- Be the customer-facing voice of the Beamable product.
- Welcome new customers to the platform and make sure they have everything they need.
- Help build processes that make new customers as productive as possible as fast as possible.
- Schedule, coordinate, and attend customer meetings and working sessions.
- Constantly check in with existing customers to make sure they have what they need.
- Monitor all customer communication channels: Email, Discord, Slack, etc. elevating high priority items and capturing work in Jira tickets. Assist in their administration.
- Keep an organized record of all customer issues, questions, and requests in Jira. Be the go-to source of information about what customers need and if they are blocked or not.
- Participate in product standups, sprint planning, sprint presentations, and retros to help guide the roadmap, groom the backlog, and prioritize customer-led work.
- Present a customer update every Monday at the company all-hands meeting.
- Help off-board customers that leave and conduct a post-mortem so we can learn what happened and how to mitigate it in the future.
- Track and report monthly any billable customer hours as part of professional services and support contracts.
- Collect and maintain relevant customer-related documents.
What We Seek
- A passion for gaming, game development, and the challenges of game studios.
- 3+ years of work experience in customer support/success, game production, or product management at a game studio, B2B, startup, or high-growth high-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly-evolving, highly entrepreneurial environment with multiple, concurrent priorities with many needing immediate resolution.
- A deep desire to improve the company and the experience of our customers.
- Ability to self-manage and execute projects from scratch.
- Great interpersonal skills and exceptional communication ability with customers.
- Experience with project management software like Jira, Asana, Trello, etc.
- Experience working closely with a technical engineering team and an understanding of the software development process.
- Excellent presentation and project management skills
- Ability to work productively in a remote environment. Beamable is an all-remote office.
- Comfortable communicating in a remote work environment (Zoom, Slack, Discord, GSuite).
- Available to overlap the EST (GMT-5) time zone for part of each day and be available late in the day EST for planning sessions every other week.
Working experience in game development either individually or as part of a game team/studio. Extra bonus points if you have any experience with Unity 3D!
What You’ll Get
- Beamable offers a competitive salary and stock option participation.
- You’ll work in the dynamic and rapidly growing game industry!
- We believe that rest unlocks creativity, so we encourage our employees to take advantage of our open vacation policy. Our employees take as much vacation as they want, when they want it, as long as they’re getting their work done.
- Flexibility around the timing of your workday.
At Beamable, we celebrate, support, and thrive on hiring people from different and diverse backgrounds. Beamable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.